I’m a big fan of making smoothie bowls in the summer; they’re light, refreshing, packed full of nutrients and, most importantly, so delicious.
I made this smoothie bowl yesterday and it’s already my new favourite; it’s literally like eating ice-cream for breakfast!
- Mango is a great source of vitamins A and C, folate, and B6 as well as iron, calcium, zinc and vitamin E.
- Maca powder has been used for centuries in Peruvian cooking and is believed to have a number of health benefits including helping to balance hormones and lowering cortisol (stress) levels.
- Protein is key in our diets to help support the growth and repair of body tissue. (although you’re getting your protein from natural foods first, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, chickpeas, soy etc, rather than just relying on supplements).
- It looks like sunshine in a bowl which is enough to make anyone feel good 🙂
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- Handful of frozen mango
- Handful of frozen peaches or nectarines (Waitrose now sell these!)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use Form Nutrition) or half a tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 100-150ml oat milk (quantities will vary depending on consistency).
- Ingredients to top: for example, fruit, granola, oats, seeds or desiccated coconut.
Add all the ingredients into a blender with the milk going in last. You want the smoothie to be quite thick so don’t add too much liquid to start with. Blend and check the consistency then add more milk if needed.
Top with fresh fruit, granola, desiccated coconut (or whatever takes your fancy) and enjoy!