One of the most common things I find when I look at client food diaries is skipping breakfast (I know, crazy). Lack of time in the morning is often the reason for this, which is totally understandable if you have an early start or kiddies to take to school.
This little pot of goodness tastes delicious and can be easily made the night before and stored in the fridge ready for the next morning. They work well as a mid-afternoon or post workout snack, or even as a dessert. I made them to give out at a yoga event I catered for last weekend; they were very much appreciated after a challenging Vinyasa flow class!
YOU WILL NEED:
(Makes 1 serving. Quantities will vary depending on the size of the container and preference)
- 30-40g plain rolled oats or granola (I used Eat Natural’s new low sugar granola which tastes incredible)
- 6-8 tsp coconut yoghurt (The Coconut Collaborative)
- 100g frozen mixed berries
- 40g Chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp Stevia or fruit syrup (I used Sweet Freedom)
- Handful of fresh berries for topping
- Desiccated coconut for topping
- On a low heat, add the frozen berries to a saucepan with a splash of boiling water and allow to soften and simmer.
- Once the berries have liquidised, add the chia seeds and stir until gelatinous. Sweeten to taste with the Stevia or fruit syrup.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- One your chia jam has cooled, add 2-3 tsp into your container. Top with 2-3 tsp of coconut yoghurt and then the same of the granola. Continue this layering process until you reach the top.
- Add fresh berries and dessicated coconut to finish.