As I tend to have two to three lots of pancakes on this day (I’m a little obsessed), including the traditional kind with butter, lemon and sugar, I decided to make my first round a little more wholesome.
I made these from all natural, unrefined ingredients…and they were so good! They were light and fluffy, and tasted just like a blueberry muffin. Suitable for vegans too!
YOU WILL NEED (makes 6-8)
For the pancakes:
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water (this is the binding ingredient, but if you don’t have flax you can use an egg instead)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150-200ml of almond milk
- 1½ bananas (use the other ½ to top)
- Dash of vanilla essence
- 50-70g frozen blueberries
For the top:
- Coconut oil
- Fresh berries/banana
- Mix all the pancake ingredients in a blender, apart from the frozen blueberries. Add these in last.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan on a low-medium setting. Pour around 2-3 tbsp of the mixture in, depending on how big/thick you want them, and cook on both sides (I recommend putting some music on at this point and having a boogy)
- Stack up on a plate and add your fresh fruit.
- Heat 1-2 tsp of honey with ½ tsp of coconut oil and some cinnamon in a pan until runny. Drizzle over the top of your pancakes.